“Summer-ing” (v): A word I made up to describe what I’ve been doing lately–enjoying summer.
Life has been busy since my trip to San Francisco!
- I ran my first trail half marathon, and finished faster than I thought I would.
- Flew back to Nebraska for my 10 year high school reunion. I got to see some of my favorite people that I don’t always get to when I go back.
- The Mr. went to Europe for 10 days on a guys trip. Lucky them. He brought me back Gouda cheese from Amsterdam. Lucky me.
- We have attended three weddings – two on the same day even!
- Went and saw The Wizard of Oz with my BFF at The Muny. And get this – Karlie Kloss was there (she’s from STL) and her mom walked up to me and asked me to take the family’s photo! I had to do a double take when I realized who I was taking a picture of!
- Had the Mr. do an IKEA hack
- Helped get a new bathroom vanity installed on our main level (yay!)
- Rebooked our Europe trip. Instead of leaving in September, we now leave in just over a week!
So about that last point…that had me all sorts of stressed for about a week. I’m just glad I hadn’t already booked more than just the first stop of our trip! I did have to rebook our international flights, a train ride and an AirBnB. The cost to rebook the international flights hurt. But…vacation! It also means I get to cross off another item from my 30 Before 30. I’m so far from being able to complete that list. Not what I had intended.
So if anyone needs me, I’ll be summer-ing until after my trip. Then I have lots to share.