I haven’t been very good and put up a new post in almost two weeks. But that’s because I’ve been so busy, and when I do get a minute to slow down, I just want to sit and relax. So here’s quick list of some things that have been going on…
• I’m up to 9 miles in my training for the half marathon. Yesterday marked four weeks until the race.
• I’ve been to 6 weddings since April, and still have one more to go to in a couple weeks.
• I’ve started looking for new living room furniture—couch, club or accent chair, side tables, lamps, maybe a new rug.
• I’ve been looking at other options for replacing the fireplace’s ugly concrete hearth. I found some travertine and some marble I like (but not used together). It may get painted until we can decide what we exactly want.
• Still keeping my eye for the perfect hanging pendant to go in the office.
• Speaking of the office….I’m still having a staring contest with the chair I have yet to reupholster. So far the chair is winning.
• I helped Tim move some drywall around in the basement and hang up insulation last night. There’s only a couple spots left to insulate, plus a couple odd things here and there and drywall can go up. I feel like I’ve been saying that all summer…
Things I’m looking forward to in the next month:
• Flying back to my parent’s house this coming weekend
• KC next weekend
• Engagement pictures and another wedding the following weekend
• Hopefully tackling a few small DIY projects.
• Another hopeful thing—getting the basement finished. I told Tim he has until the first of November to get it done since my parents are visiting in November. That means drywall, mudding, painting and carpet are done. We’ll see how that goes.