So we all know that there are probably a thousand different variations of this classic recipe. However, I still think mine is best. I was taught how to bake around the prime age of 7 or 8. I was in 4-H for 10 years so I did a lot of baking for the county and state fair year after year. I’m ever indebted to my mom and grandmas for teaching me how to bake. Banana bread is one of my favorites to bake, so I thought I would share my recipe. Enjoy!
1 1/2 tsp Vanilla
1/2 cup Crisco
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 cup Sugar
2 cups Flour
1. Mix the flour and sugar together in a bowl.
2. Combine the sugar, eggs, Crisco and bananas and mix until well blended.
3. Combine the dry and wet mixtures together and blend until smooth.
4. Pour into standard sized bread pan (I use a glass one)
5. Bake in the oven for 1 hour at 350 degrees. It should be a medium golden brown color when done.
Because ovens cook differently, always check the bread with a toothpick to ensure it’s completely done. If it comes out clean, it’s done! Let the loaf sit for 5-10 minutes before you dig in. Feel free to add some of your favorite ingredients like nuts or blueberries. Top it with butter or cream cheese spread, and enjoy!
Banana bread image found here.