This year, overall, was a really good year. Lots of exciting things happened—traveling, races, crossing off home projects, enjoying more St. Louis events and everyday life.
• The year started off with Tim shaving off his crazy beard. I think we all secretly (or not so secretly) miss it.
• Attended my first Mardi Gras celebration. St. Louis has the second largest in the country!
• Checked off a goal of getting my personal portfolio site up and self hosting this blog.
• We got a ton of snow. Way more than I’m used to here in St. Louis.
• Had an absolutely gorgeous summer with a few trips to the Lake of the Ozarks.
Around the house…
• Finally got all of the baseboards repainted on the main floor of the house.
• Had our fireplace and chimney fixed. Because, you know, we didn’t feel like having it fall in through the roof.
• Finished the gas meter cabinet/wine rack project.
• Had one of my grandma’s old chairs reupholstered and is now sitting in my office.• Planted a real garden! We were able to harvest tomatoes, cucumbers, basil, and peppers. Next year we won’t plant so late and will hopefully add more to that list.
• Had such a fun time in Seattle visiting friends. Hiking up Tiger Mountain to Poo Poo Point was a highlight.
• Tim had work conference in Sun Valley, Idaho so I flew out to meet him for a long weekend. Took my first ski lesson! Oh, and we checked out the Idaho State Penitentiary while in Boise.
• Tim and I spent a long weekend in Chicago for my birthday.
There’s so much more I could add to this list, but these truly were all highlights for me. We have a few things planned for 2015, including some warm weather travels and landscaping our front yard. I’m really excited for the next year!